Saturday, July 30, 2011

Headaches come is all sizes

ok ya'll. I've had a headache now for 2 days so I figured with nothing else to lose I should analyze all the potential reasons for me to have a headache. As far as this list goes, let me preface by saying, I know reasonably well that my head hurts due to exhaustion, dehydration, and stress, but those are no friggin fun, so why not have something to smile about?

Top Ten Reasons for a Migraine

10. Dad thinks new housing opportunity represents huge threat to safety. Reason? Someone may have kept my apt key and be waiting in the shadows for a short, heavy, brunette to rent the place so that they can molest me.

9. Mom says the reason she yells all the time is because no one listens otherwise. Hmmmm let's see mom: have ya tried just asking for once?

8. Brother must repeat everything vehemently at least four times. Like I'm just saying, how about giving someone credit in the house for not needing a hearing aide?

7. Aunt doesn't get that high heat, old age, and walking in the middle of the highway at noon just don't add up to a good outcome.

6. No-one gets that when you yell at me and see me wince, that isn't an invitation to yell again. Ya I heard ya already.

5. Why does the level of my pain and the level of decibels in the house seem to rise at about a 2-1 ratio when there is a finite limit on the volume that the speakers allow? (hmm darn forgot to consider the number of sound producing elements involved in this equation... 3 tv's, 2 cb's, 3 scanner's, 2 parents....)

4. Parents never get tired of asking questions that adults should not have to answer outside a grand jury. Yes I stayed out all night. No I don't want to tell you where, why, who, or how unless you are an unrelated female who has gained my complete confidence.

3. Do any of us ever get tired of hearing news 24 hours a day? Really? Oh so that is just MY MOM who feels the need to hear every Fox news program as many times a day as they repeat it?

2. How many barriers to independence can a dad come up with in a 24 hr period. Can we break that down into seconds to make this equation easier?

And the number one reason that I like have a headache other than the obvious reasons?

NO ADULT SHOULD EVER HAVE TO SAY 'MOM WOULD YOU MIND NOT COMING IN WHEN YOU KNOW I AM BATHING?'

1 comment:

  1. OMG, no wonder you have a headache. You poor thing. I hope you're feeling much better by now. I CAN'T WAIT till you move out on your own and don't have to worry about all the noise and chaos and judgmental people!

    ReplyDelete