Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Oxymoronic Situation

This is truly an odd situation for me. Part of my recovery is going to be breaking my addiction to the computer, yet I choose this forum for my journal of recovery. LOL, it fits me tho. I am an walking contradiction. Tylenol gives me headaches, coffee puts me to sleep, Dramamine makes me sick... I am just weird. (I can hear my best friend Madam Mayor saying 'boy you got that right') Oh well. I am weird and I can accept that. It's just the rest of the world that has issues with my weirdness. Its fine with me if I want bacon and eggs at 7 pm. And by the way... just who said that I have to get dressed every day? Why can't I wear pajamas all day if that is what I am comfortable with!!!??! So anyway, back to the computer issue... today I didn't start up the computer at home, choosing instead to come to my new favorite hangout where I am working on my recovery, and borrowing their service for a few minutes rather than spending hours on end at the keyboard as I am most prone to do. This way, I can get in some stitchy time which I really do enjoy, and also work on some of the therapeutic tools available here to help me get well again.
In the exciting news department: I may have my own apartment soon, which will truly help me to heal. Living with your parents is in itself depressing: living with mine is perfect justification for anyone to want to die rather than endure one more moment of the constant chaos, multiple media, incessant squabbling, and degradation that is the makeup of that household. The down side of that news is that is the expense. OK, $170 is not a huge expense especially when it includes all utilities except telephone and cable; however, my entire income is $601 and I pay out around $360 in bills. Wiggle room is gone in this situation, so I am praying for a quick resolution of my VA claim for increased disability. With that, I can pay off my debt, and afford to get myself a better living arrangement without wondering just how I will afford shampoo, denture creme, and toilet paper.
Well in the interest of staying true to my promise to only spend a few minutes on this, I will sign off for now. Here is hoping that all is well in your world, or at least tolerable. TATA till next time

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm glad to see that you realize how toxic your living situation is. I guess I point that out too aggressively, as you always defend your family to me. I'm sorry, as I don't mean to be aggressive. I just only have two speeds, passive and aggressive. It's a curse, lol, that you share!!!! I'm so happy that you may have a place to live on your own. You'll finally be able to make your own decisions. You get to choose what to do and when to do it. You can get some houseplants to water, and your dog will have the run of the house!!! He won't know what to do with himself without a threat all around! I'm saying prayers for you here in Cincinnati. For you, and for your family (that they allow you to be independent and not push you to do things you don't want to or are not ready for). So I guess I'm praying for you in two different ways, lol. Here's hoping things go well for you in the move, and that the apartment is ready for you on schedule!

    ReplyDelete